Glasson Grain Ltd turned to 101 when they needed to replace their outdated website with a new design to enhance engagement, improve functionality, and showcase their commitment to innovation and customer service.
A well-designed website is crucial for establishing a strong online presence and effectively engaging with customers. Lancashire-based Glasson Grain Ltd - a leading provider of agricultural products and services - needed to replace its outdated website with a new design to enhance engagement, improve functionality, and showcase its commitment to innovation and customer service. They sought a comprehensive solution to bring their online presence into the 21st century while reflecting their core values and positioning them as an industry leader.
The company engaged 101, a respected web design and development agency, to create a modern and user-friendly website. This case study examines the challenges faced, the solutions implemented, and the results achieved through the collaboration between Glasson Grain and 101.
Glasson Grain faced significant challenges with its outdated website, hindering its online presence and customer engagement. The site contained misleading content, lacked visitor engagement, and experienced ongoing technical issues with its ‘Contact Us’ enquiries mechanism. In addition, the heavy reliance on text-based information and a strong focus on the business's history failed to provide the desired user experience.
Stewart Lay, the website project lead at Glasson Grain, recognised the pressing need for a new website that would reflect the company’s position as a leading provider of agricultural products and services. He aimed to create a more modern, visually appealing platform that would showcase relevant information, engage visitors, and align with their brand values.
His key priorities were to resolve any technical issues, improve website navigation, make effective use of engaging images and modernise the company's corporate styling, including the logo.
"We needed to bring the website and branding into the 21st century. Our email enquiry form didn't work properly, and the site was heavily text-based with outdated information. I was also keen to highlight the approachable, customer-focused nature of our business by including photos and profiles of team members," said Stewart.
To tackle their website and branding challenges, the firm enlisted the help of 101, a digital marketing agency whose team had already successfully redeveloped the Glasson Fertilisers website.
“I’d been very impressed with 101’s work for Glasson Fertilisers, another part of our group, so I approached them for a quote,” explained Stewart.
101 formed a close partnership with Stewart and his colleagues and provided a comprehensive series of solutions that address Glasson Grain’s challenges head-on:
- To address the issue of user engagement, 101 designed and built a carefully structured website organised into logical sections with clear headings. The improved layout makes navigation much easier and showcases relevant content that customers are searching for.
- 101 implemented an intuitive Content Management System (CMS) that allows the company to easily update and maintain its website. This enables them to keep the content relevant and up-to-date, ensuring that visitors can always access the information they need.
- Thanks to the new design, the website now features eye-catching images for maximum visual appeal. In addition, the creation of the team profile section with photos of Glasson Grain team members provides a personal touch that emphasises the friendly and approachable nature of the business.
- The technical issue with the Contact Us page had been an ongoing cause of frustration for the business and its clients. With the new website, this is no longer a concern. The site’s enquiry form functions flawlessly, delivering real-time customer enquiries directly to the company's inbox. This improvement has streamlined communication and enables prompt responses to customer queries.
- 101 created a section of the website to house essential health and safety documentation. As a result, customers can now download these documents instantly without having to contact the company to obtain them. This time-saving feature has improved efficiency for both the Glasson Grain team and their customers.
- 101 helped Glasson Grain modernise its corporate styling, including the redesign of its logo. Guided by Stewart's brief, 101 designed a new company logo with a fresh, contemporary feel. The company’s revitalised branding captures the essence of the company's innovative and customer-focused approach.
In summary, the redesigned website, along with modernised branding, provides a pleasant and engaging online experience. Glasson Grain now has a platform that accurately represents their commitment to quality services, innovation, and a customer-centric approach.
“Working with 101 is a smooth process, including effective online consultations and timely delivery of designs for our approval. 101’s Creative Director – Dave Hall – does a fantastic job and collaborates with us really well, making the whole process totally seamless.
“101 addressed our website challenges by creating a modern, easy-to-navigate website that’s engaging for customers and easy for us to maintain. 101’s redesign has made a real difference to our online presence. It has updated our brand and brought a more personal touch to the business. We get great feedback about the new website. Our clients like being able to find information quickly. They also like seeing our staff pictures and getting to know us better thanks to the engaging team profiles.
"I would absolutely recommend 101 to others. In fact, I already have! Several people have seen the website and then asked me who did it because they like it so much. I’m looking forward to continuing to work with 101 for our website needs and wouldn’t hesitate to engage them for other projects in the future.”
Stewart Lay, Website Project Lead at Glasson Grain
The collaboration between Glasson Grain and 101 has successfully transformed the company's online presence. By addressing the challenges of an outdated website, lack of engagement, and technical issues, the business now has a modern and user-friendly platform. The redesigned website also offers significant improvements to the user experience. Glasson Grain has received positive feedback from customers, highlighting the ease of navigation and the engaging team profiles.
About Glasson Grain
Glasson Grain, located in Lancashire, is a prominent agricultural company within the Wynnstay Group Plc. Originally established in 1977 as an animal feed commodities trader and importer, the company has expanded its offerings to cater to farmers and trade customers. Situated at Glasson Dock, the business handles a diverse range of animal feeds and fertilisers. Their growth is attributed to a philosophy of innovation, identifying new markets, and maintaining quality services through a dedicated and well-trained team.
Visit the Glasson Grain website to explore their transformed online platform and to find out more about this leading provider of agricultural products and services.